It’s the start of a new tax year. If you haven’t read our handy summary of the key tax rates and thresholds, you can download it here.
So, what are the key dates for April 2017?
- 1 April – Increase in Minimum Wage
- 1 April – Corporation Tax payment deadline for companies with accounting year ended 30 June 2016. (Only applicable for companies with profits of £1.5m or less. Companies with profits > £1.5m pay by instalments.)
- 5 April – End of the personal tax year
- 7 April – VAT return and payment deadline for February VAT returns
- 19 April – PAYE/NIC cheque payments deadline for month to 5 April
- 19 April – Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) monthly return deadline for period to 5 April
- 22 April – PAYE/NIC electronic payments deadline for month to 5 April
- 30 April – Company accounts filing deadline for private companies with a year ended 31 July 2016 and for public companies with a year ended 31 October 2016
- 30 April – Corporation Tax Return (Form CT600) filing deadline for period ended 30 April 2016
If you found this useful, please share it using the icons at the top and bottom of the page, or leave a comment below.
Added by Jon Davies
If you like it, please share it!