We’re growing and looking to recruit a new team member. The role would suit a qualified accountant who wants to further their career at an exciting, expanding firm of Liverpool accountants.
The detailed job description is below:
The post holder will be required to provide a high quality accountancy support service to the Directors of MJF Accountancy Ltd and the firm’s clients.
The post holder will be the first point of contact for clients and will take responsibility for the delivery of outputs, including delegation and management of the tasks required.
They will supervise other team members, reviewing their work and preparing final draft documents for the Directors.
They will work closely with the two Directors of the firm, who are both Big 4 trained – the post holder will receive training directly from the Directors and benefit from their experience
They need to have experience of working in an accountancy practice and are expected to have relevant qualifications, for example ACCA/ACA, or experience equivalent to these qualifications.
The firm is growing rapidly and the post holder will have excellent opportunities for progression.
Main duties of the post
- Taking full responsibility and control of client outputs and requirements, including delegation of work and supervision of junior team members
- Preparation of Limited Company, Partnership and Sole Trader Financial Accounts plus Management Accounts
- Preparation and submission of VAT Returns
- Preparation and submission of Corporation Tax and Self-Assessment Tax Returns
- Supervision and review of payroll prepared by other team members for clients
- Communicating with HMRC, Companies House and other relevant bodies in relation to client queries and issues
- Communicating with clients as first point of contact on day-to-day issues
- To demonstrate excellent customer care in dealing with all clients of MJF Accountancy Ltd
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel, Outlook and Word. MJF Accountancy Ltd also uses Xero, Digita and SAGE accounting packages – training will be provided as required
- To undertake any other duties as required by the Directors of MJF Accountancy Ltd
In addition to the above, all staff are required to:
- Adhere to all MJF Accountancy Ltd’s policies and procedures, including Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety.
- Respect confidentiality: all confidential information should be kept in confidence and not released to unauthorised persons.
- Undertake appropriate training and development as required.
- Participate in MJF’s Accountancy Ltd’s Performance Review and Development Scheme.
Hours of work: 35 Hours per week plus overtime as required
Salary Range: Negotiable
If you would like to apply for this role, please send your CV, with a brief summary of what you could bring to the team, to [email protected].
Added by Jon Davies