The key dates for the month are:
- 1 December – Corporation Tax payment deadline for companies with accounting year ended 29 February 2013. (Only applicable for companies with profits of £1.5m or less. Companies with profits > £1.5m pay by instalments.)
- 5 December – Government’s Autumn Statement
- 7 December – VAT return and payment deadline for October VAT returns.
- 19 December – Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) monthly return deadline for period to 5 December
- 19 December – PAYE/NIC cheque payments deadline for month to 5 December
- 20 December – PAYE/NIC electronic payments deadline for month to 5 December (2 days early as 22 December falls on a weekend)
- 25 December – Christmas!
- 31 December – Company accounts filing deadline for private companies with a year ended 31 March 2013 and for public companies with a year ended 30 June 2013
- 31 December – Corporation Tax Return (Form CT600) filing deadline for period ended 31 December 2012
- 31 December – and…..relax!!!
If you would like to arrange a free meeting with a Liverpool accountant to discuss the December 2013 financial deadlines, either at our office or at your premises, please contact us on 0151 724 3960 or by email at [email protected].
Alternatively, you can use our website contact form.
For tax tips and ideas to boost your profits, please sign up for our email updates.
Added by Jon Davies