January is an accountant’s favourite month due to the Self-Assessment Tax Return deadline. Many accountants are snowed under trying to hit the deadline. Our planning means that less than 10% of our SATRs were outstanding by 21 December 2012, so we’re keen to take on new clients in January.
The key dates for the month are:
• 1 January – Corporation Tax payment deadline for companies with accounting year ended 31 March 2012. (Only applicable for companies with profits of £1.5m or less. Companies with profits > £1.5m pay by instalments.)
• 7 January – VAT return and payment deadline for November VAT returns.
• 18 January – Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) monthly return deadline for period to 5 January (1 day early as 19 January falls on a weekend)
• 18 January – PAYE/NIC cheque payments deadline for month to 5 January (1 day early as 19 January falls on a weekend)
• 22 January – PAYE/NIC electronic payments deadline for month to 5 January
• 31 January – Company accounts filing deadline for private companies with a year ended 30 April 2012 and for public companies with a year ended 31 July 2012
• 31 January – Corporation Tax Return (Form CT600) filing deadline for period ended 31 January 2012
• 31 January – Self-Assesment Tax Return filing and payment deadline for the year to 5 April 2012
If you have any queries, please contact us on [email protected] or 0845 177 5007.