We’re growing at a rapid pace. As forward-thinking accountants for entrepreneurs, we’re taking on new clients every month and our team is growing.
We’re looking for a qualified accountant to join our brilliant team. You’ll be the main point of contact for a portfolio of clients, with responsibility for the delivery of an excellent service to each client.
The full job spec is below. The deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday 29 July.
If you’d like to apply, please send a CV and covering letter telling us what you’d bring to the team to [email protected]. Please use the title “I want to join the team”.
Main purpose of the Post
You will be required to provide a high quality accountancy support service to the Directors of MJF Accountancy Ltd and the firm’s clients.
You will be the first point of contact for clients and will take responsibility for the delivery of outputs, including delegation and management of the tasks required.
You will supervise other team members, reviewing their work and preparing final draft documents for the Directors.
You will work closely with the two Directors of the firm, who are both Big 4 trained – you’ll receive training directly from the Directors and benefit from their experience.
You will need to have experience of working in an accountancy practice and are expected to have relevant qualifications, for example ACCA/ACA, or experience equivalent to these qualifications.
The firm is growing rapidly and you will have excellent opportunities for progression.
Main duties of the post
- Taking full responsibility and control of client outputs and requirements, including delegation of work and supervision of junior team members
- Preparation of Limited Company, Partnership and Sole Trader Financial Accounts plus Management Accounts
- Preparation and submission of VAT Returns
- Preparation and submission of Corporation Tax and Self-Assessment Tax Returns
- Supervision and review of payroll prepared by other team members for clients
- Communicating with HMRC, Companies House and other relevant bodies in relation to client queries and issues
- Communicating with clients as first point of contact on day-to-day issues
- To demonstrate excellent customer care in dealing with all clients of MJF Accountancy Ltd
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel, Outlook and Word. MJF Accountancy Ltd also uses Xero and Digita accounting packages – training will be provided as required
- To undertake any other duties as required by the Directors of MJF Accountancy Ltd
In addition to the above, all staff are required to:
- Adhere to all MJF Accountancy Ltd’s policies and procedures, including Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety.
- Respect confidentiality: all confidential information should be kept in confidence and not released to unauthorised persons.
- Undertake appropriate training and development as required.
- Participate in MJF’s Accountancy Ltd’s Performance Review and Development Scheme.
Hours of work: 35 Hours per week plus overtime as required
Salary Range: £28,000 to £35,000
About MJF Accountancy Ltd
MJF Accountancy Ltd is a fast growing practice in South Liverpool. Our clients are mainly owner-managed businesses, based in Liverpool, the North West and nationwide. MJF Accountancy Ltd provides a high level of client service by working proactively with its clients throughout the year.
More details can be found all around this website!
If you found this useful, please share it using the icons at the top and bottom of the page, or leave a comment below.
Added by Jon Davies
If you like it, please share it!