After a nice, relaxing break over Christmas, it’s back to work!
For many accountants, January is the busiest month as all of those Self-Assessment Tax Returns are due by 31 January. Our planning means that only a handful of our tax returns are left to do, so we’re looking to take on new clients in January – if you know anyone who needs a good accountant, let us know!
The key dates for the month are:
- 1 January – Corporation Tax payment deadline for companies with accounting year ended 31 March 2015. (Only applicable for companies with profits of £1.5m or less. Companies with profits > £1.5m pay by instalments.)
- 7 January – VAT return and payment deadline for November VAT returns.
- 19 January – Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) monthly return deadline for period to 5 January
- 19 January – PAYE/NIC cheque payments deadline for month to 5 January
- 22 January – PAYE/NIC electronic payments deadline for month to 5 January
- 31 January – Company accounts filing deadline for private companies with a year ended 30 April 2015 and for public companies with a year ended 31 July 2015
- 31 January – Corporation Tax Return (Form CT600) filing deadline for period ended 31 January 2015
- 31 January – Self-Assesment Tax Return filing and payment deadline for the year to 5 April 2015
If you found this useful, please share it using the icons at the top and bottom of the page, or leave a comment below.
Added by Jon Davies
If you like it, please share it!