Here are the key dates for May. One big change from previous years is that you no longer need to file P35 and P14s for your payroll as the new Real Time Information (RTI) reporting has removed this requirement.
- 1 May – If your 5 April 2013 Self-Assessment Tax Return has not been filed, HMRC will start fining you £10 per day
- 1 May – Corporation Tax payment deadline for companies with accounting year ended 31 July 2013 (Only applicable for companies with profits of £1.5m or less. Companies with profits > £1.5m pay by instalments.)
- 7 May – VAT return and payment deadline for March VAT returns
- 19 May – P35 and P14 filing deadline for the year ended 5 April 2014 only if HMRC have agreed with you not to use RTI this year. If you are using RTI, you do not need to file these forms.
- 19 May – Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) monthly return deadline for period to 5 May
- 19 May – PAYE/NIC cheque payments deadline for month to 5 May
- 22 May – PAYE/NIC electronic payments deadline for month to 5 May
- 31 May – Company accounts filing deadline for private companies with a year ended 31 August 2013 and for public companies with a year ended 30 November 2013
- 31 May – Corporation Tax Return (Form CT600) filing deadline for period ended 31 May 2013
If you would like to arrange a free meeting with a Liverpool accountant to discuss the May 2014 financial deadlines, either at our office or at your premises, please contact us on 0151 724 3960 or by email at [email protected].
Alternatively, you can use our website contact form.
For tax tips and ideas to boost your profits, please sign up for our email updates.
Added by Jon Davies